Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Sonos and airgroups

This thread has been viewed 47 times
  • 1.  Sonos and airgroups

Posted Jul 16, 2018 06:01 AM

Trying to get a Sonos speaker visible on our airgroup enable network. (ArubaOS 6.5.4.7) Apple TV/Chromecast works just fine. Found a set of airgroup sonos  requried services which I've added to the mobility controller.

Sonos speaker connects to a PSK network with device checked using DHCP signature in order to allow it on. We've got 2 vlans that airgroups work over 

My phone is in 1 vlan , Sonos device in the other. 

show airgroup server gives 

78:28:ca:6e:0f:d4  10.241.89.68   mDNS,DLNA  sonos7828CA6E0FD4                     Sonos       3887  wireless        airgroup_devices         78-28-CA-6E-0F-D4       airgroup-ap-xb-1

show airgroup users | begin as1558

Gives

c8:3c:85:60:b8:8d  10.241.88.29    mDNS,DLNA                             3886  airgroup_devices                 as1558-1AD9  airgroup-ap-xb-1

However the sonos app on my phone can't find the speaker. I get a mesage saying "You're on the euroam wireless network but Sonos isn't. Goto settings ->WifI and change to the network Sonos is on. 

Sonos Airgroup service 

airgroupservice "Sonos"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:GroupRenderingControl:1"
    id "urn:schemas-sonos-com:service:Queue:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1"
    id "urn:schemas-tencent-com:service:QPlay:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:GroupManagement:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ZoneGroupTopology:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:DeviceProperties:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:MusicServices:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AlarmClock:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:ZonePlayer:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:SystemProperties:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1"
    id "urn:smartspeaker-audio:service:SpeakerGroup:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AudioIn:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:EmbeddedNetDevice:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:EmbeddedNetDeviceControl:1"
    id "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:HTControl:1"

TCP ports enabled

UDP

136-139,1900,1901,6969

So is anyone running Sonos devices on an airgroup enabled setup ?

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: Sonos and airgroups

Posted Jul 16, 2018 06:24 AM

Alex

You will need to have th Sonos device and your phone on the same VLAN for you to be able to access it using their app. 

Unfortunately from my experience the sonos app does not support routing between subnets / vlans to get between the phone and speaker.

Regards

Tom

• 3.  RE: Sonos and airgroups

Posted Jul 16, 2018 06:34 AM

Humph!

Guess that explains why it worked at home  with iphone on eduroam and speaker via wired port ... same vlan :-(

Given that we're planning on rolling out airgroups over multiple VLANS not sure I can ensuire that single user has all their devices on the same vlan :-(

Rgds

Alex

• 4.  RE: Sonos and airgroups

Posted Jul 16, 2018 07:32 AM

Hmmm 

o.k. Sonos  on vlan 3887

78:28:ca:6e:0f:d4 10.241.89.68 mDNS,DLNA sonos7828CA6E0FD4 Sonos 3887 wireless airgroup_devices 78-28-CA-6E-0F-D4 airgroup-ap-xb-1
    DLNA Media
    Spotify

Tweaked my iphone to also be on vlan 3887

(arubadev2) #show airgroup users | include as1558
    c8:3c:85:60:b8:8d 10.241.89.234 mDNS,DLNA 3887 as1558-airgroup-devices as1558-1AD9 airgroup-ap-xb-1

only difference between  Roles airgroup_devices and as1558-airgroup-devices is placement of my iPhone into the same VLAN as the Sonos device.

Still can't see it

• 5.  RE: Sonos and airgroups

Posted Jul 16, 2018 09:32 AM

And it works, although I did change two things at the same time

1). Set ACL list to allow all for sonos and my iPhone

2). Changed Sonos from personal device to shared device

So with both devices on same vlan it works

Then reverted back to iphone on 1 VLAN Sonos on another and it still works. 

Need to play with ACLs to see what was getting blocked, but definitely a step in the right direction

• 6.  RE: Sonos and airgroups
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:07 AM

O.k. after a bit of tweaking managed to remove the allow all ACL .. and it still works over multiple vlans 

*think* acl list is 

TCP

UDP

136-139,1900,1901,6969

• 7.  RE: Sonos and airgroups

Posted Feb 22, 2019 01:39 AM

Hi Alex

Did you figure out if this part was needed?

2). Changed Sonos from personal device to shared device

• 8.  RE: Sonos and airgroups

Posted Feb 22, 2019 05:10 AM

Sadly the Sonos speaker I've got is a play:1 so doesn't support airgroups ... so in the end was immaterial whether it was set up as an airgroup server or client :-(

• 9.  RE: Sonos and airgroups

Posted Feb 23, 2019 07:06 AM
    Ok, thanks for answering 😊 I ended up disabling Airgroup at this client since it wasn’t needed (someone had activated it at one time..), and it started working right away. Both Wired and Wireless clients was on the same vlan so..

• 10.  RE: Sonos and airgroups

Posted May 14, 2019 09:24 AM

I am having problems seeing any of my Sonos speakers on my network. I recently did the firm ware upgrade o 8.3.0.6, hoping it would help. But it did not.

Can anyone point me in a good direction to start to fiqure this out.

Thanks

My info is below.

I have 3 type 215 AP's

Version 8.3.0.6

Build Time: 2019-02-14 09:07:11 UTC (build 69128) by p4build

• 11.  RE: Sonos and airgroups

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2019 12:16 PM

I verified, entering the airgroup for Sonos worked in my basic home lab, with a single 7005 controller with 4 APs and mutliple vlans.  Iphone Sonos controller app worked with "Sonus one" only after entering the Airgroup  rules posted in this forum.  I'm updating this, because some of the outdated info on other forums state otherwise.  I'm not running clearpass.   I failed to capture my entries, but here is what is currently running:

Controller > About

Name:Aruba Operating System Software.
    Model:Aruba7005-US
    Version:

show airgroupservice | include Sonos

Sonos                 Enabled                                                    urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:GroupRenderingControl:1

(manually copy/pasted output of only the Sonus portion of the next command)

show airgroupservice

Sonos                 Enabled                                                    urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:GroupRenderingControl:1
                                                                                     urn:schemas-sonos-com:service:Queue:1
                                                                                     urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1
                                                                                     urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1
                                                                                     urn:schemas-tencent-com:service:QPlay:1
                                                                                     urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:GroupManagement:1
                                                                                     urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ZoneGroupTopology:1
                                                                                     urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:DeviceProperties:1
                                                                                     urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:MusicServices:1