Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Soti ClearPass integration

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Soti ClearPass integration

Posted Dec 03, 2013 11:54 AM

Hi All,

I can see from the CPPM user guide how to add Soti as an endpoint context server, that looks fairly painless. 

Now what?

How can I leverage this integration? It's not particularly intuitive for me about how to do this. Maybe I'm not having a clever moment and missing something?

Thanks

James

• 2.  RE: Soti ClearPass integration
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 03, 2013 12:07 PM

Have you confirmed that it is connecting and pulling information from SOTI?    If so, it will update the Endpoints database with attributes from SOTI.  You can then use them in your policy creation; role/profile assignments, etc.

CPPM should get the following info from SOTI.

soti-cppm.png

• 3.  RE: Soti ClearPass integration

Posted Dec 03, 2013 12:10 PM

Gotcha. 

I've not set it up yet, just looking into it and wanted to get all the details before I dived in..

Have you got any tips or issues that came up with the integration?

• 4.  RE: Soti ClearPass integration

Posted Dec 03, 2013 02:53 PM

The only thing I recall is that if you don't have a Group ID from SOTI; you may have to put in 0000000000 (10 zeros).

• 5.  RE: Soti ClearPass integration

Posted Dec 03, 2013 10:55 PM

James,

Their is an extensive 25 page TechNote I wrote on how to implement and configure MDM and how to wrote policy etc. for these devices. If your an partner its on AFP.

• 6.  RE: Soti ClearPass integration

Posted Dec 04, 2013 12:05 PM

Hi Danny,

That's great. Just checking it out now. :catvery-happy:

Thanks

James

• 7.  RE: Soti ClearPass integration

Posted Dec 13, 2013 11:25 AM

I've setup thsi integration and am looking at the enformcent policies now.

I want to use the "MDM Enabled" one that's memtioned in your technote but I can't see it in the list of available options... See image attached.

Soti integration appears to be ok as I can see nice healthy messages in the event viewer.

endpoint identifier.png