Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Sponsor confirm form override

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Sponsor confirm form override

Posted Jun 11, 2014 05:17 AM

Hello,

I would like to associate a 'sponsor_name' value to each guest authenticating through a captive portal. I am using ClearPass guest.

When the guest register his self with the guest registration form it works, because I added the sponsor_name field to it. The problem comes when I am using the sponsoring way.

I can't find where to modify the form I can see at the guest_register_confirm page, so every guest registered using this way have the sponsor_name value set to 'admin'.

I found the 'Override the form' under Sponsorship confirmation in my page but I don't know how to use it since no new field appears.

Does anybody know how can I do ?

Thanks in advance.

nice2k-

• 2.  RE: Sponsor confirm form override

• 3.  RE: Sponsor confirm form override

Posted Jun 16, 2014 09:56 AM

Hello,

Thanks for you response, but I don't really understand how it can help me. Can you explain ?

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Sponsor confirm form override

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2014 12:48 AM

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

So there are a few options.

1. you can turn it into an auto fill which will use the sponsors login information and tie that to the account

2. you can turn the field into a text field where you can type in the sponsors name.

How-To

Option one:

1. First off you need to figure out the field you are going to modify. Look up in your browser of the page you are going to change and look at the last /

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.05.19 PM.png

2. Go to Forms and Views and you will find the form you will modify. Once you create your duplicates click edit fieldsNOTE: I personally make to duplicates. One to remember what the default settings are and one to test with until I have my form the way I want it then I edit the original. 

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.08.57 PM.png

3. You want to click on Sponsor Name and enable. Then click edit DO NOT click edit base. That will change all forms that have that field. In the dropdown change to static text

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.10.48 PM.png

4. Click save and then up on the top there is a link to use this form so you can preview your work.

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.25.13 PM.png

5. Finished product. :)

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.10.48 PM.png

Option #2

Step 1 and 2 are the same as above.

3. You are going to choose Text Field.

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.11.18 PM.png

4. Are the same as above.

5. Ta da. :)

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 11.08.57 PM.png

Let me know if that is what your looking for?

• 5.  RE: Sponsor confirm form override

Posted Jun 17, 2014 11:39 AM

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help and your time spent on helping me. I would like to use the first way, but the problem is I can't find the form used by the sponsor to validate a guest account.

When a guest is asking for a sponsor confirmation, the sponsor receive the e-mail. At this moment, if I take a look at the account list, the user appears with the good sponsor_name because I sent the field in the register form :

screen2.png

But when the sponsor validates the account using this form :

screen.png

The guest created appears with a sponsor_name of 'admin' :

Capture d’écran 2014-06-17 à 17.11.08.png

Is it possible to modify the form where the sponsor has to click on 'confirm', to add a sponsor_name field (or to modify it since it apparently exists...) ?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

nice2k

• 6.  RE: Sponsor confirm form override

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2014 06:00 PM

Sorry about the slow response. Ive been traveling..

You need to check if the sponsor attribute in the Guest sponsor page and make sure the attribute is getting written to the endpoint.

guestsponsor1.png

• 7.  RE: Sponsor confirm form override

Posted Jun 26, 2014 10:41 AM

Sorry, I've been busy these days. Thank you for your help.

The 'Update Endpoint' was not activated on the guest sponsor page. I activated it and verified the sponsor_name attribute was there and re-tested :

I can now see the attributes on the endpoint when it is authenticated, but it is still set to 'admin'...

Any idea ?

- nice2k

• 8.  RE: Sponsor confirm form override

Posted Jun 30, 2014 10:58 AM

I am still on this problem... I think it is because the "IT Administrators" Sponsor Profile is being assigned. I tried to look at the LDAP translations rules but I'm not sure about what I am supposed to add as a rule to make sure Sponsors accept guest with my 'Demo' Operator profile.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

EDIT : When I activate the option "Require sponsors to provide credentials prior to sponsoring the guest", the sponsor logs in with the 'Demo' Operator profile before accepting the guest and it works. But is there a solution to use this same profile and not the 'IT Administrators' default profile when the option is not activated ? 

• 9.  RE: Sponsor confirm form override
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 03, 2014 11:05 AM

Wow... Finally solved this problem. I recreated the page and also figured out that I needed to log out from the admin account when I was accepting guest requests during my tests, or else the sponsor_name linked to it would be automatically changed to 'admin' ...

Regards,

- nice2k.