Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Sponsor mail and guest receipt not being sent after upgrade to 6.7.1

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Sponsor mail and guest receipt not being sent after upgrade to 6.7.1

Posted Mar 15, 2018 10:00 AM

We are using a sponsor based guest captive portal. Guests fill in the form on the captive portal and enter the e-mail address of the sponsor, after which the sponsor gets an e-mail prompting him to authorize the guest request. After authorization the guest gets access to the guest wifi network.

This works just fine in our Clearpass virtual appliance version 6.6.8.

Yesterday we upgraded the appliance to version to 6.7.1. After the upgrade all the settings seem to be just the same as before the upgrade, but somehow the mails related to the sponsor/guest receipts are no longer being sent.

I've checked my mailserver (internal mailserver) and I am not seeing any request coming in from my Clearpass appliance, which leads me to believe it totally Clearpass related.

When I go to the Messaging Server setup in the Profile Manager and send a test mail it works just fine and the test mail pops up in my mailbox. When I try to send an e-mail from the Guest manager environment it doesn't show up in my mailbox. No error messages are popping up in the logs also.

I've done a rollback (snapshot) to version 6.6.8 and everything works again.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Sponsor mail and guest receipt not being sent after upgrade to 6.7.1

Posted Mar 19, 2018 10:59 AM

Yea I heard about it, but can't really explain the fix.. It was related to the account not having the correct access anymore (to send email) after the upgrade. You should contact TAC to get the entire story ;)

• 3.  RE: Sponsor mail and guest receipt not being sent after upgrade to 6.7.1
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 06:16 AM

Hi

Its a known issue and will be addressed in next release.Change policy manager operator login setting as below to fix this issue.

1.PNG

• 4.  RE: Sponsor mail and guest receipt not being sent after upgrade to 6.7.1
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 07:30 AM

From 6.7.1, the Guest uses Policy Manager's send API/SMTP. Enable access privilege to the policy manager under the operator profile "Super/IT Administrator" as suggested in the previous post and check the status.

Navigation:

ClearPass Guest >> Administration >> Operator Logins >> Profiles >> select "Super Administrator" >> Edit >> Policy Manager >> set to "Full Access".

• 5.  RE: Sponsor mail and guest receipt not being sent after upgrade to 6.7.1

Posted Mar 20, 2018 08:35 AM

Hi guys, you are all right! I've changed the access profile for the IT Administrator to Full Access and needed to reboot the appliance before the change became active. Now it's working!