Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Strange OnConnect error: "OnConnect enforcement skipped for x.x.x.x - Not a master node"

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Strange OnConnect error: "OnConnect enforcement skipped for x.x.x.x - Not a master node"

Posted Feb 28, 2017 11:44 AM

I'm trying to set up OnConnect with CPPM, and I keep getting an error in the event viewer "OnConnect enforcement skipped for x.x.x.x - Not a master node" where x.x.x.x is the IP of the switch I'm using for testing.  This is error is encountered on the publisher only.  I have the switch configured to talk to the publisher only.  The request doesn't make it to the access tracker.  Any thoughts?

I'm using CPPM  6.6.2.86786 and a Cisco 2960S running  15.2(2a)E1. 

• 2.  RE: Strange OnConnect error: "OnConnect enforcement skipped for x.x.x.x - Not a master node"
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2017 04:35 AM

Probably a very silly question, but have you enabled OnConnect as master in the server manager?

onconnect.png

The log you show suggests it is not..

Also after you changed settings in OnConnect, it sometimes suggests to restart the 'System auxiliary services'. You may try to do that as well once more.

Also make sure you are at a recent version, I would advise 6.6.2 as an absolute minimum, but better use 6.6.4 if possible. OnConnect is new in 6.6.0 and new features and some fixes came out in the patches.

If that does not resolve your problem, I would ask your Aruba partner, or if you are a partner contact Aruba TAC. 

• 3.  RE: Strange OnConnect error: "OnConnect enforcement skipped for x.x.x.x - Not a master node"

Posted Mar 01, 2017 09:15 AM

Ha!  That was the problem.  Thanks very much!

The documentation I have (a PDF from my SE called 'OnConnect_Guide') omits that step.