Security

Contributor I

Syslog with ClearPass

Hi All

I've been testing Clearpass for use with eduroam and am just setting up the logging to our Syslog server. I have created a new Data Filter that looks for ( Common:Service CONTAINS eduroam ), and the logging is working for Accepts and Rejects. During my testing I took too long to login and received a TIMEOUT in Access Tracker, however this was not logged to Syslog. Does anyone know why Timeouts are not logged to Syslog.

Clearpass Version is 6.5.7

Thanks

Dave

Guru Elite

Re: Syslog with ClearPass

Is that the only rule in the data filter?

When you apply the same data filter in Access Tracker, are the timeouts also not visible?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

Hi Tim

Yep, that is the only rule in the data filter.

When I apply the filter to access tracker I can see the timeouts but I can't see them in Syslog, I can see every other request for that service but not the timeouts.

Thanks

Dave

Guru Elite

If you’re seeing them in AT, you should be seeing them via Syslog. Please open a TAC case.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Guru Elite

If you’re seeing them in AT, you should be seeing them via Syslog. Please open a TAC case.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: