Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

TLS Guest Access

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  TLS Guest Access

Posted Feb 07, 2012 08:44 PM

Hi,

I more small clarification, i am configuring the EAP-TLS and would like to know the TLS guest access option usage that is when i enable the termination on the controller and use TLS Guest access , the user will go into the role as per TLS Guest access when the server is down.

Please clarify. Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: TLS Guest Access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 07, 2012 08:55 PM

@thanjavuru wrote:

Hi,

I more small clarification, i am configuring the EAP-TLS and would like to know the TLS guest access option usage that is when i enable the termination on the controller and use TLS Guest access , the user will go into the role as per TLS Guest access when the server is down.

Please clarify. Thanks in advance

If this is unchecked, auth will go to the Radius server.  If the server does not answer, the user does not get on.

It if is checked, it will not send the auth to the radius server and the successful authenticated user will get the guest role.  It avoids using the radius server.

• 3.  RE: TLS Guest Access

Posted Feb 08, 2012 03:53 PM

I was wondering about that as well. Thanks for clarifying.

• 4.  RE: TLS Guest Access

Posted Feb 27, 2012 07:18 PM

Hi,

TAC says as below about TLS GUEST ACESS as below.

"The server is down the client should get kicked off/fail authentication with Termination on controller and "TLS guest access" with "Check certificate common name against AAA server"  enabled"

Please provide a document if any about the behaviour of TLS GUEST ACCESS.

• 5.  RE: TLS Guest Access

Posted Feb 27, 2012 08:49 PM

Hi,

TAC says as below about TLS GUEST ACESS as below.

"The server is down the client should get kicked off/fail authentication with Termination on controller and "TLS guest access" with "Check certificate common name against AAA server"  enabled"

Please provide a document if any about the behaviour of TLS GUEST ACCESS.