Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Transfer local user database from controller to Clearpass?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Transfer local user database from controller to Clearpass?

Posted Nov 15, 2013 02:39 AM

Hi

is there a way to transfere the controller local-user db to the Clearpass Guest user database?

We want to switch from controller based captive portal and user authentication to Clearpass Guest based authentication.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Transfer local user database from controller to Clearpass?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 15, 2013 06:48 AM

I suppose the quickest answer to this is yes, but it might involve a little scripting effort.

The version of Clearpass you have will dictate where options are and what they look like, but...

You can import users. Normally this is in XML format. Do an experimental export from your Clearpass to get the feel for it. With that format of the user information in mind, you just need a raw dump of the local user info from the controller to convert and macro/script.

On the local controller, I normally connect to the CLI, disable encryption ("encrypt disable"), then do a "show local-userdb". This will dump out the usernames and passwords, which you can copy across into an XML script or similar?

Thanks.

• 3.  RE: Transfer local user database from controller to Clearpass?

Posted Nov 15, 2013 06:58 AM

yes thank you that was the way i expected. I hopeed there might be an way which is more comfortable.

No mater... i will do it like this...