Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Translating self-reg guest portals

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Translating self-reg guest portals

MVP
    Posted Jan 18, 2016 06:17 AM

Using the translation packs and enabling the text ID's I am able to translate alot without having to configure multiple pages. There's a few ítems I cannot seem to translate without creating multiple pages. Surely I'm missing something here?

For example.. on a self-register page I'm asking the visitor for a few details: phone number, company name, ... However when I turn on the text id's  all these fields show up as id255. This id seems to be the id for required fields so translating that id doesn't do anything.
    If I turn of the requirement I get no id at all.

translate ids.png

For the Register button I have the same issue: no idea is given. If I look at the form field itself I get no futher either, seems no id exists for the actual button text:

translate submit.png

If I can't use the translation pack to translate that text, I will be stuck creating a page for every language right? So what am I missing here?

• 2.  RE: Translating self-reg guest portals

MVP
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 07:04 AM

Old topic but still current..

Anyone know how to translate that Register button on a selfreg page that in English goes from 'Register' to 'Log' In when the user registers and then logs in?

When using other languages (tested: Dutch and French) the 'Register' gets translated correctly now, but then after registering it should change to a translation for 'Log In' which it never does. 

And digging rround in translations I'm getting nowhere.

Hitting the link  [#17403 Override all translations generated for this page] does not give me anything usefull.

• 3.  RE: Translating self-reg guest portals

Posted May 22, 2019 08:12 AM

Running into the same issue.

• 4.  RE: Translating self-reg guest portals

Posted May 23, 2019 08:28 AM

In guest, go to Configuration > Translations > Assistant

Enable the option "Show Text IDs with text"

Now, edit the submit field in the Self Registration page. 

2019-05-23 14_27_24-[#1399 Customize Form Field] (submit).png

Next to the label this is now a Translate button. Overhere you can update the text.

• 5.  RE: Translating self-reg guest portals

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2019 12:26 PM

Yes, on 6.7+ the Translation Assistant has a new toggle that adds a Translate link to a number of new spots (specifically self-reg and the custom fields and forms).

One quirk for anyone updating from previous releases is that to inherit the default self-reg translations you need guest_register as a parent.  Anything created from scratch will have a mis-match of translations.  Best to play with guest_register or re-create one with it as a parent.