Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

URI Error - Onboarding a Samsung Android Device

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  URI Error - Onboarding a Samsung Android Device

Posted Oct 10, 2017 01:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to onboard a samsung android device, and it automatically open the captive portal with the samsung default browser.

2017-10-10 13.46.02.png2017-10-10 13.46.26.png

The probem is that after I've logged in in the portal and have touched the button to download the "Aruba Quick Connect", tries to opens a URI like "market://details?id?com.arubanetworks.quickconnect.android" and this happen: 2017-10-10 13.46.29.png

I've tested it with Google Chorme browser and worked perfectly, but with the default app is not working.

I think it would it be better if the button just redirect the user to a HTTPS URL (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arubanetworks.quickconnect.android).

There is a way to do that o something similar?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: URI Error - Onboarding a Samsung Android Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 01:39 PM
    Which version of Android?

• 3.  RE: URI Error - Onboarding a Samsung Android Device

Posted Oct 10, 2017 03:42 PM

Android version: 6.0.1

• 4.  RE: URI Error - Onboarding a Samsung Android Device
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 08:05 PM

It's because you haven't bypassed the Android captive portal browser which is required for Onboard.

https://github.com/aruba/clearpass-cloud-service-whitelists/blob/master/onboard/onboard_android.md

• 5.  RE: URI Error - Onboarding a Samsung Android Device

Posted Oct 11, 2017 02:52 PM

Excelent! Thank you so much. Works perfectly.

best regards.

Nico.