Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

URL Redirect on Controller less network

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  URL Redirect on Controller less network

Posted Mar 22, 2015 07:21 PM

I have a controlerless network of 8 IAP 105's.

The network is used for staff access to internal resources and Guest access to the internet only.

I want to use the URL redirect function on the Guest network without using the Authenticated or Acknoledged pages.

Is this possible.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: URL Redirect on Controller less network

Posted Mar 23, 2015 03:24 AM

Could you explain briefly,  I did not understand.

• 3.  RE: URL Redirect on Controller less network

Posted Mar 23, 2015 05:41 AM

Hi,

You mean, Redirecting the URL without Authentication ? otherwise please share your requirement clearly.

• 4.  RE: URL Redirect on Controller less network

Posted Mar 24, 2015 06:54 PM
      |   view attached

Thanks for your replies.

To answer you both. Yes.

The IAP 105's give you an option to redirect to a URL as in the attachment.

This works but you need to select Internal-Authenticated or Internal-Acknowledged.

I would like to get the URL redirect without either of these options.

The data gathering will be done off site at the redirected URL.

• 5.  RE: URL Redirect on Controller less network

Posted Apr 04, 2015 06:36 PM

Any further input on this one, or is it not possible.

If not, I will have to implement from the router.

Which is dissapointing as any further hotsopt implementations will have to be sans aruba wireless.

• 6.  RE: URL Redirect on Controller less network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2015 07:11 PM

Please describe the specific hotspot functionality you are looking for.  If you just want everyone redirected to a page where they can click accept, absolutely.  You could create an external page that would be publicly available and instant can redirect all users to that page with an accept button.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Video/VIDEO-Configuring-Aruba-Instant-Guest-Network-with-External/ta-p/90322

• 7.  RE: URL Redirect on Controller less network

Posted Apr 05, 2015 07:06 PM

Hi Joseph,

I want to redirect to an external authention and captrue page.

but I don't want to use the Aruba splash page, radius or any other redirect or authentication.

• 8.  RE: URL Redirect on Controller less network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 05, 2015 07:08 PM
    You can do that, but the user will need to possibly click on something like an accept button so they can proceed out of the initial captive page.

• 9.  RE: URL Redirect on Controller less network

Posted Apr 08, 2015 04:59 AM

is there any way to redirect without going to the internal Aruba pages.

Or edit the pages html directly

• 10.  RE: URL Redirect on Controller less network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2015 05:33 AM

frankygee,

Instant will redirect to an external html page, but there has to be a trigger on that external html page to let the user browse anywhere else; that is the role of the "accept" button.  There are quite a few applications on a laptop or handheld that generate port 80 traffic, and all of that traffic will be redirected to that page.  Something has to trigger when the user wants to browse anything else.  If there is no accept button, background port 80 traffic on a wireless device would trigger the redirect, but then let the user browse without seeing that page.  Without an accept button, you cannot tell if the user has seen the page you want them to see without allowing them to go somewhere else.