Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to log in with new root account

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Unable to log in with new root account

Posted Jun 25, 2019 05:32 PM

I'm trying to set up an account so an assistant can provision and replace APs.  I created an account under Managed Network -> Configuration -> System -> Admin -> Management User.  However this user is unable to log in to the mobilty master.  Did I create the wrong kind of user?  

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Bill

• 2.  RE: Unable to log in with new root account
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 05:57 PM

If you want the admin user(s) to have access to the Mobility Master, their account needs to be created on under Mobility Master instead of Managed Network.

@Harbor Billy wrote:

I'm trying to set up an account so an assistant can provision and replace APs.  I created an account under Managed Network -> Configuration -> System -> Admin -> Management User.  However this user is unable to log in to the mobilty master.  Did I create the wrong kind of user?  

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Bill

• 3.  RE: Unable to log in with new root account

Posted Jun 25, 2019 06:07 PM

Thanks Charlie.  Now I just wish there was a way to allow them to provision and de-provision APs without needing root.  But apparently it is root or nothing from what I've read.

• 4.  RE: Unable to log in with new root account

Posted Jun 26, 2019 07:58 AM

I think this is what you are looking for. I haven't had a chance to play with it myself. If it is what you are looking for and are able to get it working, please post a follow-up post.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Authorization-and-Access-for-AP-Provisioning/ta-p/292780

I hope this helps,

• 5.  RE: Unable to log in with new root account

Posted Jun 26, 2019 10:24 AM

Thanks for the idea David.  Unfortunately, when I change the user to the ap-provisioning role, they can no longer see the controllers or the Managed Network.  Subsequently, no APs show up to provision or un-provision.

I get the first picture instead of the second one.

ap-provisioning roleap-provisioning roleroot roleroot role