Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Unknown service rejected in ClearPass when accessing to controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Unknown service rejected in ClearPass when accessing to controller

Posted Jul 14, 2017 06:42 PM

Hi everyone,

I don't know why but everytime I access to my controller by WebUI, I get this entry in the CPPM Access Tracker:

accesscontr1.PNG

accesscontr2.PNG

The reason is there isn't a service for this, but I am accessing to my controller and not connecting to any network. I guess there is some wrong configuration in my controller, what should I check?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Unknown service rejected in ClearPass when accessing to controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2017 06:44 PM
    Normal if you're using a local admin account.

• 3.  RE: Unknown service rejected in ClearPass when accessing to controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2017 09:42 PM

@fjulianom@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi everyone,

I don't know why but everytime I access to my controller by WebUI, I get this entry in the CPPM Access Tracker:

accesscontr1.PNG

accesscontr2.PNG

The reason is there isn't a service for this, but I am accessing to my controller and not connecting to any network. I guess there is some wrong configuration in my controller, what should I check?

Regards,

Julián

On the Aruba Controller if if you have "Enable" configured under Configuration> Management> Administration> Management Authentication servers, it will attempt to first authenticate you using the server group listed under "Server" group, and if it fails, it will attempt to authenticate a local user.  In a master/local cluster, this option is global, so if you turn it on for the master, you turn it on for all locals as well.  It is possible that you copied this configuration from a master/local cluster that had it enabled.  Just uncheck "Enable" to make it stop.

Screenshot 2017-07-14 at 20.36.02.png

• 4.  RE: Unknown service rejected in ClearPass when accessing to controller

Posted Jul 17, 2017 10:25 AM

Hi Colin,

Yes, I had checked the "Enable" checkbox. I have just unchecked it and verified no more service rejected appears in ClearPass. Many thanks!

Regards,

Julián