Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Up to date document on configuring VIA

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Up to date document on configuring VIA

Posted Jan 28, 2016 09:58 AM

Is there an up to date document on how to configure VIA? I'm runing ArubaOS 6.4.3.6 and following the

Virtual Intranet Access (VIA) Tech note. Problem is that its a bit old and some thing don't line up. Got to the state where I'm supposed to
    define where a VIA connection goes for authentication.  The doc says configure a Via Authentication profile
    a
    aaa authentication via auth-profile "via-auth"

Cant see where to create it. from the command line, aaa authentication doesn't have a "via" option. In the GUI under "Advanced/All Profiles/ there isn't a VIA Authenticaiton OProfile sub heading.

..... in fact theres none of the VIA set of profiles visible
    A

• 2.  RE: Up to date document on configuring VIA

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2016 09:59 AM

Do you have PEFV licenses?

• 3.  RE: Up to date document on configuring VIA

Posted Jan 28, 2016 11:02 AM

Doen't look like it, are these something I can get hold of as eval licenses ?

Failing that, if I just want to do l2tp/ipsec  using built in features of windows and osx, do I need these licenses anyway?

Rgds

A

• 4.  RE: Up to date document on configuring VIA

Posted Jan 29, 2016 09:38 AM

o.k.

obtained eval license and installed it.

configured clearpass to authenticate user.

Question 1 :- do you normally set up 2 auth services for VIA, one for the web auth component and one for the VIA client? Was trying to uniquely identify a mobility controller doing  VIA authentications.

Ended up with

Web auth= NAS-IP-Address, NAS-Port-Type and Service-Type

VIA Auth = NAS-ID,nas-ip-address,nas-port and nas-port-type

Which does work.

Could just specify nas-port-type=5 but doesn't seem like enough.

Question 2 :-

On my os x system, I downloaded the installer and after it downloaded the VIA config and I logged off and back in again, everything worked and I ended up with a valid IP address assigned.

On my iOS system, having downloaded the App and entered my credentials, when I try connecting, I get

"Certificate Error, please check your certificate. it may be incorrect or expired"

Now the iOS app seems to be using an auth-profile called via whereas the downloaded client is using the one I defined, i.e. via-auth

Had a peek on the controller and can't see an auth profile called via ... or do I have to create one?

Rgds

Alex