Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

Updated the CheckPoint and Fortinet TechNotes to V1.1 - covers dynamic role-mapping for user role

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Updated the CheckPoint and Fortinet TechNotes to V1.1 - covers dynamic role-mapping for user role

Posted Apr 06, 2015 05:45 PM

Teams ClearPass,

I’ve updated the ClearPass 6.5 and Checkpoint & Fortinet Integration TechNotes’s. The MAJOR update covers the ability to dynamically calculate the user’s role via Role Mapping before we send this to the enforcement points. Normally an easy process, but I was unable to perform this previously due to a minor UI bug, but the TechNote now covers the process. I’ve also added some minor adjustments from the feedback I received from Fortinet and CheckPoint directly.

You can find the document on the support site  http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=7961

Specifically here CPPM TechNote - 3rd Party Enforcement Points (Fortinet) V1.1  and here  CPPM TechNote - 3rd Party Enforcement Points (CheckPoint) v1.1

Happy reading – go fill your boots..!!….. comments and feedback/suggestions graciously accepted.