Security

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Using ClearPass to Add Static Hosts

Scenario:

New IoT devices need to be provisioned for approval via ClearPass.  The devices do not have a web browser interface.

What I'd like to do:

Have an end user (device requester) go to website (onboarding?) where the user would input certain information (mac address, serial number, requestor's information, etc...).  They'd also drop down a menu for the type/security level of device.  This selection would then trigger an email (sponsorship?) for approving the device.  When the approver approves it, the device is added to a static host list in CPPM and the user can then plug the device into the network and the CPPM service does its thing.

I can't find anything on editing/adding to a static host list in this fashion.  Looking to see if anyone has done it or know if it can be done. 

Thanks in Advance!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Using ClearPass to Add Static Hosts

Static hosts lists should never be used for this. Use ClearPass Device Registration. It is built for this scenario.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Static hosts lists should never be used for this. Use ClearPass Device Registration. It is built for this scenario.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

I was hoping you'd respond, Tim!  I'll read up on that and go that route.

Thanks!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: