Security

Aruba Employee

Using ClearPass to Add Static Hosts

Scenario:

New IoT devices need to be provisioned for approval via ClearPass.  The devices do not have a web browser interface.

What I'd like to do:

Have an end user (device requester) go to website (onboarding?) where the user would input certain information (mac address, serial number, requestor's information, etc...).  They'd also drop down a menu for the type/security level of device.  This selection would then trigger an email (sponsorship?) for approving the device.  When the approver approves it, the device is added to a static host list in CPPM and the user can then plug the device into the network and the CPPM service does its thing.

I can't find anything on editing/adding to a static host list in this fashion.  Looking to see if anyone has done it or know if it can be done. 

Thanks in Advance!

Guru Elite

Re: Using ClearPass to Add Static Hosts

Static hosts lists should never be used for this. Use ClearPass Device Registration. It is built for this scenario.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Re: Using ClearPass to Add Static Hosts

I was hoping you'd respond, Tim!  I'll read up on that and go that route.

Thanks!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: