Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA Config

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  VIA Config

Posted Sep 30, 2013 05:44 PM

I have a 7210 controller running 6.3.0.1 and I'm trying to fire up VIA for the first time on a test laptop.  I received a trial license from our Aruba team which I've applied.  I am able to point a laptop at the URL for the public IP of the controller and get options to download 32-bit, 64-bit or MacOS VIA clients.  However, when the client tries connecting to the controller I'm continually getting:

ERR 419 - ISAKMP stack could not be initialized.

I had previously opened up our firewall for UDP-4500 for RAP's, and to accommodate VIA I just opened up TCP-443.  Not sure what I'm missing here because the firewall logs are showing the traffic coming in.  I set up the L3 Authentication profile for EAP-PEAP/MS-CHAPv2, pointing internally to NPS for AD authentication, just like our internal Aruba wireless users.  

Any thoughts or help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: VIA Config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2013 05:50 PM

With typical VIA VPN, you need to enable pap on the remote access policy in NPS.

Please review your steps in the VIA VPN guide VRD here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/VIAAppNote_2012-06-11.pdf