Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Via block all traffic when on trusted net

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Via block all traffic when on trusted net

Posted Apr 16, 2020 01:28 PM

We are almost finished configuring our via setup, been doing most of it from home, buth when i went to work today to test via on trusted net it blocked all traffic, do i need to configure something in the connection profil other than "block traffic until vpn tunnel is up" ? the via client say trusted network and its disconnected.

• 2.  RE: Via block all traffic when on trusted net

Posted Apr 16, 2020 01:33 PM
    If you are connecting from inside your internal network and you are trying to connect to the controller via the public IP, your firewall might be blocking your connection since the connection is initiated internally .

You can try downloading the VIA app on your phone and then use your cell connection to test

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: Via block all traffic when on trusted net

Posted Apr 16, 2020 01:54 PM

in my connection profil iv got the "inside" of the controllere as the trusted, and the via application also see the https for the controllere and say trusted network and its disconnected, so why should the firewall block the traffic on trusted net?

• 4.  RE: Via block all traffic when on trusted net

Posted Apr 16, 2020 01:57 PM

is there any logs in the via application where i can see that i drops traffic and why? iv got client side logging enable

• 5.  RE: Via block all traffic when on trusted net

Posted Apr 16, 2020 02:05 PM

You can send all the logs to yourself via e-mail

IMG_8533.PNG

And the e-mail will include a .zip file with the following files:

2020-04-16 14_03_52-ArubaVIA_mobile_14_00_15[139705].zip (evaluation copy).png

• 6.  RE: Via block all traffic when on trusted net

Posted Apr 16, 2020 02:51 PM

ok thx, i'll look into that tomorrow.