Security

Frequent Contributor II

Viewing dropped guest authentication sessions in CPPM

Is there a way in CPPM, either web GUI or CLI, to see authentication logs containing the reason for de-auth or other reason for connection loss? I'm seeing guest user sessions get terminated at random times, and I can't figure out what's causing it. We are using captive portal with MAC authentication for guest access. Access points are IAP-305 and IAP-315. Testing with iOS (iPad) and Android devices and, althought the two vary a little, they both will display this behavior. Specifically, the iPad will lose connection when it goes to energy-saver mode and forces a re-authentication to the guest network. I Android device doesn't do that, but if I physically change location, it will discconnect (this is in a small office and I'm not leaving the building - just going from one room to another, always within twenty feet of the AP, sheetrock walls, no cinderblock, rebar, etc.). Any insight would be appreciated.

MVP Guru

Re: Viewing dropped guest authentication sessions in CPPM

Home > Administration Support> Application Log in Guest portal and Access tracker log in Monitoring » Live Monitoring » Access Tracker provide details.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: