Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Visitor Phone Validator / How to Edit Parameters?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Visitor Phone Validator / How to Edit Parameters?

Posted Feb 18, 2016 12:26 PM

In my Guest Registration page, I am using a form that contains the Visitor_Phone form and it is showing a Validator called " NwaSmsIsValidPhoneNumber " but I am unable to figure out where this validator was created or how I can edit the validator. 
    The issue we are having is it seems the validator is not liking a particular Area Code when a guest registers, and just kicks them back saying "Please Enter In a Valid Phone Number". 

Where can I edit these validators to see what they are checking against? Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: Visitor Phone Validator / How to Edit Parameters?

Posted Feb 19, 2016 05:08 AM

Taken from the Clearpass Guest 6.5 User Guide:

NwaSmsIsValidPhoneNumber
    NwaSmsIsValidPhoneNumber($phone_number)
    Validates a phone number supplied in E.164 international dialing format, including country code.
    - Any spaces and non-alphanumeric characters are removed.
    - If the first character is a plus sign (+), the phone number is assumed to be in E.164 format already and the plus sign is removed; otherwise, if the SMS service handler national prefix is set and the phone number starts with that prefix, then the prefix is replaced with the country code.
    - The phone number must contain no fewer than 5 and no more than 15 digits.
    - The phone number is validated for a valid country code prefix.
    - If all the foregoing conditions are met, the validator returns TRUE; otherwise, the validator returns FALSE.

I don't believe this can be changed though, it is inbuilt in to Clearpass.