Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

What exactly is required to pass authentication from controller to Clearpass.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What exactly is required to pass authentication from controller to Clearpass.

Posted Feb 26, 2015 11:59 AM

Having issue passing auth for network to clearpass.   My AAA profile has server defined for radius to clearpass. Clearpass is configured to use a service tied to MAC-Auth-ALL, essid = x, MAC OUI, then authentication based on repository(OS Version and hostname)

However it seems my devices are bypassing this integration.   I'm sure I am missing something here.  The integration is much easier on the Instant product than the controller.   Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

CPPM 6.4  AOS 6.4.2.2

• 2.  RE: What exactly is required to pass authentication from controller to Clearpass.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2015 12:02 PM
    Do you have a Mac authentication profile defined in the AAA profile and the controller defined in ClearPass as a NAD? 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: What exactly is required to pass authentication from controller to Clearpass.

Posted Feb 26, 2015 12:25 PM

aruba.PNG

• 4.  RE: What exactly is required to pass authentication from controller to Clearpass.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2015 12:28 PM

You need a mac-auth profile as well.

• 5.  RE: What exactly is required to pass authentication from controller to Clearpass.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2015 12:29 PM
    You need to apply a MAC authentication profile. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 6.  RE: What exactly is required to pass authentication from controller to Clearpass.

Posted Feb 26, 2015 12:46 PM

Knew it was something simple....Thanks for looking out! 

It's now working. 

• 7.  RE: What exactly is required to pass authentication from controller to Clearpass.

Posted Feb 26, 2015 12:28 PM

aruba1.PNG