Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

What is "Clearpass guest sms service"?

It is sms service by aruba provide , right?

and how I use this feature?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: What is "Clearpass guest sms service"?

You can configure ClearPass Guest to send SMS messages to guests or a customised guest account receipt to your guest’s mobile phone along with other SMS services. To use the SMS features, you must have the SMS Services plugin installed.

Please see the Guest User Guide for more info on configuration.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.7/Guest/PDFs/Guest_User_Guide.pdf

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP Guru

The ClearPass Guest SMS service is only available for testing purposes. It allows in proof-of-concepts or tests to send some SMS text messages to demonstrate the workflow.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.21.43.png

Aruba does not offer subscriptions or credit upgrades and for actual deployment you should get your own SMS service. Some suggestions are in the drop-down when you add a SMS Service Gateway, many others can be added through custom HTTP or SMTP.

Basically, you can get everything tested before you purchase a third-party subscription.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Guru

You can configure ClearPass Guest to send SMS messages to guests or a customised guest account receipt to your guest’s mobile phone along with other SMS services. To use the SMS features, you must have the SMS Services plugin installed.

Please see the Guest User Guide for more info on configuration.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.7/Guest/PDFs/Guest_User_Guide.pdf

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

Highlighted
MVP Guru

The ClearPass Guest SMS service is only available for testing purposes. It allows in proof-of-concepts or tests to send some SMS text messages to demonstrate the workflow.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.21.43.png

Aruba does not offer subscriptions or credit upgrades and for actual deployment you should get your own SMS service. Some suggestions are in the drop-down when you add a SMS Service Gateway, many others can be added through custom HTTP or SMTP.

Basically, you can get everything tested before you purchase a third-party subscription.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for your advice to me clear

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: