Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Where does ArubaQuickConnect app installs certificates on client windows PC?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Where does ArubaQuickConnect app installs certificates on client windows PC?

Posted Jan 29, 2018 11:38 AM

Hi

Our IT uses Aruba infrastructure to onboard BYOD devices to our work network. Once user downloads ArubaQuickConnect.exe and runs it, it seem to install certificates on the system. Then the byod wifi network becomes visible in wifi ap list. Then user can select and connect to the wifi.

I have a Linux box I like to connect to the same byod. I like to copy the certificates that were installed on my windows PC to the linux box, configure it and be able to connect to byod network.

On my windows box, I searched computer, user certificate stores. I don't find any certificates issued by our IT. I also searched service certificate stores. I did it for wlan auto config service, wifi connection service etc. I don't see any. I am wondering which certificate store does quickconnect install the certificates.

Thanks for your help.

-Joe

• 2.  RE: Where does ArubaQuickConnect app installs certificates on client windows PC?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2018 11:40 AM

You should really work with your IT support team. These forums aren't generally for end users and we don't want to contradict your IT teams.

• 3.  RE: Where does ArubaQuickConnect app installs certificates on client windows PC?

Posted Jan 29, 2018 11:47 AM

I work in IT environment that is under staffed big time. They barely have time to support normal IT tickets. What I am trying is an exploratory project to setup a lab of Linux boxes that use byod network for test purposes. Once I figure out, I can have more productive conversation with our IT bros to support it as part of their regular work flow.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Where does ArubaQuickConnect app installs certificates on client windows PC?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2018 11:57 AM

You cannot export a certificate from one machine to the other (by design). You'd go through the Onboard process on each machine.