Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Where has the Clearpass - Alexa integration gone?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Where has the Clearpass - Alexa integration gone?

Posted Apr 09, 2018 10:53 AM

Hi,

There used to be quite some information floating around about the integration of Alexa in Clearpass. There was an extension, there was an integration through SkyHook and a ClearPass skill on Amazon Alexa. 

However since the beginning of this month it all went away (exept for the skill).

What happened? Is it coming back? Does it have anything to do with Clearpass 6.7 not doing XML responses anymore?

Thanks,

Steven

• 2.  RE: Where has the Clearpass - Alexa integration gone?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2018 11:02 AM
    It was never officially publicly release and is not available.

• 3.  RE: Where has the Clearpass - Alexa integration gone?

Posted Apr 09, 2018 11:08 AM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand that it was never publicly released. Will it ever be publicly released? In today's Atmosphere (pun intended) of IoT and integrate-everything-with-everything, it was a great example. We just got our Amazon Echo today and I was sad to learn it was no longer possible to integrate it with our CPPM.

My SE that was helping me is on sickleave right now, so that's why I'm looking for answers here.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Steven

• 4.  RE: Where has the Clearpass - Alexa integration gone?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2018 11:12 AM
    We do not have any short-term plans to release it. It was only a proof-of-concept.

• 5.  RE: Where has the Clearpass - Alexa integration gone?

Posted Apr 09, 2018 11:13 AM

Ok, thanks.

Steven