Security

Why clearpass needs 1TB of space disk?

Hello

I know is the requirement but the clients wants to know why.

His old clearplass was just using 50GB and he doesnt know why he would need going from 500GB to 1 TB for a new clearpass installation.   The recommened before was 500GB and he wasnt even using 1/4 of it.

i could think if he was using maybe all features  which he is not, he is just using it for guest.   But he wants a reply from aruba for this 

Can anyone from Product and development asnwer me this ? the real reason behind this? i mean if its possible to know this information. 

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp

Re: Why clearpass needs 1TB of space disk?

hello

Anyone could help me?

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

I think the best answer is at the bottom of the thread here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/New-ClearPass-install-really-require-1TB-of-space/td-p/263819

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

I had a call with Aruba TAC couple weeks ago, and the issue was due a disk space (I was running a VM for Lab only, so I put smaller disk), anyway, he said that in the new version, the OS create two partition in the second disk, which means if you have 1 TB space, it will create two 500GB partitions. Maybe that is the reason they double the new requeriments. It's just a guess.