Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wi-Fi authentication with passcode only

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Wi-Fi authentication with passcode only

Posted Feb 22, 2016 10:05 AM

Dear all,

We have Aruba 3600 controller with 6.3.1.6 OS and several AP105 access points.

End users use Active Directory username & password to authenticate on Wi-Fi (Employee SSID); whereas for Guest user we generate username/password which they tap it on the captive portal (Guest SSID).

Is there anyway to create a separate SSID and make it authenticate with passcode only i.e. like we have in residential broadband router.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

• 2.  RE: Wi-Fi authentication with passcode only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2016 10:09 AM
    WPS is not possible in an enterprise network. 

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: Wi-Fi authentication with passcode only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2016 12:16 PM

@bickyz wrote:

Dear all,

We have Aruba 3600 controller with 6.3.1.6 OS and several AP105 access points.

End users use Active Directory username & password to authenticate on Wi-Fi (Employee SSID); whereas for Guest user we generate username/password which they tap it on the captive portal (Guest SSID).

Is there anyway to create a separate SSID and make it authenticate with passcode only i.e. like we have in residential broadband router.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

I assume this is for guest users and you want WPA2-PSK ?  This is possible in the ssid-profile.  Make sure the aaa-profile assigned to the vap has default-psk as the dot1x profile as well.