Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wifi Device Register with Code - Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Wifi Device Register with Code - Clearpass

Posted Aug 22, 2019 12:23 PM

I am wondering if it is possible with Clearpass to have the user access a CP webpage and receive a code to use for device registration (MAC auth) .. to gain network access to make it easy for say apple tv  and xbox etc? rather than having the user find mac to register etc? I have seen same on other wifi similar to device association for say HBO streaming subscription. Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Wifi Device Register with Code - Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 01:14 PM

No, device registration is needed, especially if you're using MPSK.

What you've seen with HBO, Hulu, etc is for logging into your account, not a network.

• 3.  RE: Wifi Device Register with Code - Clearpass

Posted Aug 22, 2019 01:21 PM

MPSK?   thanks for response let me clarify. Iets say I have an xbox .. click on wifi SSID .. i then get a password prompt.... I can logon to a web portal with my credentials and get a code .. I then go back and enter that code into the "password" field  and logon to wifi . (I have seen this simple method in a university).. we are primarily looking to use onboard (we have only been able to test andoid/iphone/windows) and considering easiest support option for lets say employees in company dormitory.. Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Wifi Device Register with Code - Clearpass

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 01:49 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if we can built a MPSK-KIOSK like this with our products cq ClearPass. Or are there are some good reasons why we dont have/need it. Looks like a cool feature to me.

https://ppsk-kiosk.com/

• 5.  RE: Wifi Device Register with Code - Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 03:10 PM

Yes, that exactly what Aruba MPSK (Multi Pre-Shared Key) is. The user goes to a portal, registers their device and it emails the user a unique password for that device. This is an enhancement to the long standing Device Registration flow.

It requires AOS 8.4+ and CPPM 6.8+

• 6.  RE: Wifi Device Register with Code - Clearpass

Posted Aug 22, 2019 03:49 PM

Sounds good. is MPSK Aruba controller specific. Can we do the same with CIsco WLC Integration?

• 7.  RE: Wifi Device Register with Code - Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 04:11 PM

Cisco has a similar feature called Identity PSK.