Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Windows 8.1 Onboard Support

OK will try the work around.

Thank you.

Aruba

I know this might be an easy fix but just remember you are putting a band-aid on a problem. You not actually fixing the issue.

I would keep an eye on Ciscos and windows forums. It just seems odd that it works fine on Aruba wireless but not on Cisco... I have 3 different devices that I have tested in my lab with Windows 8.1 (standard and enterprise) with Aruba with no issues. 

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your reply.

Just want to clarify, I'm facing the onboarding issue on Windows 8.1 in the Aruba controller environment not with Cisco or other vendor.

Thank you.

Aruba

Ok think you. I would open a TAC case then. I have no issues here in my lab but you might have a setting that just needs to be changed. 

Can you post a screen shot of your controller roles for when the client first connects. 

screenshot_01 Jan. 02 23.07.gif

screenshot_02 Jan. 02 23.07.gif

screenshot_03 Jan. 02 23.08.gif

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

Occasional Contributor I

The timeout status at the ClearPass access tracker is asiggning post onboard user role, which is provisioning of the wireless profile authentication with ArubaQuickConnect application is already done.

Any way please find attached the screen capture from my controller.

Thank you

Frequent Contributor I

Hi Troy,

The issue is showing with all vendors even with Aruba Wireless, i have logged a new case and got a bug ID for this aswell, seems that there is a bug in Clearpass.

The workaround works perfectly for me with no issues in multiple sites, using a server certificate with SHA-1 1024 key is not a big issue for those sites they just need to get access and it works now :)

Hi Erik,

did you try the workaround or not yet ?

Aruba

That's odd since I have it working fine in my lab. Is it all 8.1 clients or just a few?

I will get with engineering and look at the test reports and logs.
Thank You,
Troy

Frequent Contributor I

Hi Troy,

the issue that i have found is that when the server certificate key is generated using 2048 key it shows this issue, but when i change it to 1024 and create a new server certificate it works perfectly, not sure it is from the 2048 key or just creating a new server certificate solves the issue !!

and it is confusing why this bug is only triggered with windows 8.1 !!!

Do you want the bug ID ?

Support will call me to explain the whole thing this week.

Occasional Contributor I

Hi All,

I have a temporary workaround from Aruba TAC engineer for this issue beside to change the server certificate using 1024 bit encryption.

You will need to modify the network settings configuration inside the Onboard Workspace and Manually configure certificate trust settings and then uncheck Validate the server certificate option.

Network Settings Changes edit.png

Hope the Aruba back end engineering team would have fixed this on an upcoming CPPM patch release.

Thanks.

Aruba

Thank you for the update.

I'm not sure there is a lot that engineering can do if un-checking the validate server cert is what fixed it. That means the client isn't trusting the cert that CPPM is presenting so the issue seems to lie on the client side. I will talk with engineering and post an update.

Thank You,
Troy

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: