Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired ClearPass Captive Portal Configuration

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  Wired ClearPass Captive Portal Configuration

Posted May 26, 2020 09:00 AM

Hi.

I'm looking for a good guide or how-to for configuring ClearPass for a Captive Portal for switches. I have been following the "Aruba ClearPass Workshop - Wired" series on YouTube and it has been very helpful with learning about 802.1X and MAC Auth, but I'd like to learn how to configure a captive portal as a fall-back from MAC Auth. At this stage, I'm not interested in using DUR.

I have found some information on setting up the switch (i.e. 2930F) for captive portal but nothing really for the ClearPass. All the ClearPass material I come across relates to Wireless.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Wired ClearPass Captive Portal Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2020 09:44 AM

Hi,

Did you check this guide https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/ClearPass-Solution-Guide-Wired-Policy-Enforcement/td-p/298161

You can replace the DUR with Local User Roles (LUR) that you define on your switch if you don't want to use DUR..