Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

after upgrade to 6.7 - network cards are out of order

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  after upgrade to 6.7 - network cards are out of order

Posted Jun 25, 2018 06:55 PM

I've upgraded from 6.6 to 6.7 - and this is not the dual NIC with higher MAC on NIC 1 than on NIC 2.

This is the issue

Clearpass 6.6 was installed in 2014 with only 1 NIC in VmWare originally (MGMT port)

After upgrading, the Clearpass was set up with 2 virtual NICs - but now we experience that the IP on NIC 2 is the one that was configured on NIC1 before upgrade. I tried the refresh-network but still the same. 

So now we have the internal IP on the Data Port.

If we add IP to MGMT port (either in CLI or webGui) routing is lost, since it tries to send and receive via NIC2, even though IP-address is configured on NIC1 and routes are added

Any idea on how to get ip-address configured on NIC 1 to stay on NIC 1 and route through this? If we configure the IP on NIC1 - routing and network is lost, If we configure on NIC 2 all is goos

• 2.  RE: after upgrade to 6.7 - network cards are out of order

Posted Jun 26, 2018 09:39 AM

I suggest you open the TAC case, I had a similar issue and the TAC has to go back to the linux shell and he observed the MAC address was missing on the linux back end file. He has to put it back and after reboot all worked. 

• 3.  RE: after upgrade to 6.7 - network cards are out of order

Posted Jun 26, 2018 05:08 PM

thanks.. will do. keep you posted

@wajih.anees

• 4.  RE: after upgrade to 6.7 - network cards are out of order
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 06:03 PM

Hi,

I have had a similar issue with AirWave on a Hyper-V machine.

TAC really knows how to fix it!!