Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

automatic assigning Voice VLAN on ARUBA 2530

i am looking for a solution to automatically assign an IPPhone the Voice VLAN of an Aruba 2530 Series Switch like with CISCO in using the Radius attribute "device-traffic-class=voice".

I am already able to assign it using the VLAN ID directly, the VLAN Name or a Device Attribute.

Any idea if this is possible with Aruba 2530 series Switches?

I am open for any idea and hint :)

Thank you very much for reading and your time

MVP Expert

Re: automatic assigning Voice VLAN on ARUBA 2530

Do you want to assign it using an external auth server or by using something like lldp or dhcp snooping on the switch?

Michael Haring
If my answer is helpful, a Kudos is always appreciated!

Hi Michael,

i want to use ClearPass to assign it.

I would like to use sort of a radius attribute that is referring to the voice tag of the Device(Switch/NAD) the radius request is coming from.

I know it is possible with H3C and Cisco equipment using a vendor specific attribute (AVPair).

//Martin 

Guru Elite

Return the role name. Take a look at the ClearPass Solution Guide for Wired Policy Enforcement.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Tim,

thank you for your reply. Yes that way it will work on a LAN buil only on 2530 Switches. I was not exact in my question as we do run a Network consisting also of older Switch models not beeing able to us use DURs.

Any additional idea?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: