Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

automatic assigning Voice VLAN on ARUBA 2530

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  automatic assigning Voice VLAN on ARUBA 2530

Posted Aug 17, 2018 01:59 AM

i am looking for a solution to automatically assign an IPPhone the Voice VLAN of an Aruba 2530 Series Switch like with CISCO in using the Radius attribute "device-traffic-class=voice".

I am already able to assign it using the VLAN ID directly, the VLAN Name or a Device Attribute.

Any idea if this is possible with Aruba 2530 series Switches?

I am open for any idea and hint :)

Thank you very much for reading and your time

• 2.  RE: automatic assigning Voice VLAN on ARUBA 2530

MVP
    Posted Aug 21, 2018 12:53 PM

Do you want to assign it using an external auth server or by using something like lldp or dhcp snooping on the switch?

• 3.  RE: automatic assigning Voice VLAN on ARUBA 2530

Posted Aug 22, 2018 01:47 AM

Hi Michael,

i want to use ClearPass to assign it.

I would like to use sort of a radius attribute that is referring to the voice tag of the Device(Switch/NAD) the radius request is coming from.

I know it is possible with H3C and Cisco equipment using a vendor specific attribute (AVPair).

//Martin 

• 4.  RE: automatic assigning Voice VLAN on ARUBA 2530

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2018 07:29 AM
    Return the role name. Take a look at the ClearPass Solution Guide for Wired Policy Enforcement.

• 5.  RE: automatic assigning Voice VLAN on ARUBA 2530

Posted Aug 24, 2018 03:13 AM

Hi Tim,

thank you for your reply. Yes that way it will work on a LAN buil only on 2530 Switches. I was not exact in my question as we do run a Network consisting also of older Switch models not beeing able to us use DURs.

Any additional idea?