Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

Posted Aug 14, 2015 12:14 PM

I have deployed clearpass guest with controller the thing is that I entered the credintial and it shows as accepted on access tracker but the thing is cleint keep redirected agian to the Clearpass page so what is the problem that make this happen?

• 2.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2015 12:16 PM
    Is your default guest role set to a non-captive portal role?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

Posted Aug 14, 2015 12:23 PM

I made it as the initial role ?

so plese It would be greate if you tell me exactly what is the diffrence between each of the follwoing :

in AAA :

Initial role :is the role that is assigned to user after authentication or before authentication???!!

Mac Authentication Default' (is it only for mac and if I didn't use any MAC auth should I leave it guest as default??)

802.1x authentication Default: If I'm deploying guest should I leave it as guest (default)?

in captive portal Profile:

Default role : before authentication or after authentication?

Default guest role :what exaclty it should be?

• 4.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2015 12:26 PM
    Default guest role in your captive portal profile should be the guests final authenticated role.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

Posted Aug 14, 2015 12:38 PM

Thanks tim I have tried with authenticated role and same,with role have captive portal same so what else you would recommend to follow?

• 6.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2015 12:41 PM
    Keep in mind that the authenticated role is wide open by default. You may want to use the guest role or build your own.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 7.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

Posted Aug 14, 2015 01:09 PM

thats what i did and I have the same issue

• 8.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2015 01:12 PM
    Are you returning a role or using the default role?

• 9.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

Posted Aug 14, 2015 01:24 PM

I usedd in guest default role the authenticated role just to confirm where is the problem so I add my initail role in AAA to  be Guest-LAb which has roles I want and in Captive portal profile I added Default role Guest-LAB and in default guest I added authenticated

• 10.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2015 02:41 PM
    Can you post your AAA profile and captive portal profiles?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 11.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

Posted Aug 14, 2015 02:59 PM

Dear Tim please find attached the required info

• 12.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Aug 14, 2015 04:49 PM

the 'Default role'' inside the captive portal profile is what the user ends up with. You should not use that 'Default guest role'! Change that "default role' at the top of your captive portal authentication profile to authenticated and you will not get the portal after authenticating.

The default guest role is for when you have 'guest login' ticked which should NOT be used for typical guest access.. go figure :) It's used for unauthenticated portals.

• 13.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2015 04:56 PM

@KoenV wrote:

the 'Default role'' inside the captive portal profile is what the user ends up with. You should not use that 'Default guest role'! Change that "default role' at the top of your captive portal authentication profile to authenticated and you will not get the portal after authenticating.

The default guest role is for when you have 'guest login' ticked which should NOT be used for typical guest access.. go figure :) It's used for unauthenticated portals.

The Guest login checkbox and the Guest Role are

- Only for the internal controller captive portal

- When you want a user to only enter an email address for guest access

• 14.  RE: clearpass guest page keep redirect after login?

Posted Aug 20, 2015 12:00 AM
    Do you have RFC3576 server IP define for the Clearpass Server on the controller under authentication?