Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass guest with onguard check

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  clearpass guest with onguard check

Posted Mar 19, 2015 06:02 AM

Hi Guys,

i'm implementing a clearpass guest captive portal with an onguard check when the user logging in.

the onguard check works just fine on windows based devices but other than windows, ie android, the onguard just wont work. is there a way around for this?

i tried to use Java as fallback but stil wont work.

instead of running the onguard service, the page return an error "a scan of your device is required in order to proceed. your device is unsupported for scanning at this time".

Ricky

• 2.  RE: clearpass guest with onguard check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2015 07:37 AM
    Onguard is only supported for Windows, Mac and some Linux.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: clearpass guest with onguard check

Posted Mar 19, 2015 09:11 AM
    Yeah, i get that. I mean, is there a way for other devices outside those 3 ie Android to bypass the webauth onguard check and directly to the auth process.

I want the onguard only works on computer device not the smartphones but both authenticating via guest portal.

i dont see any way to change this from the cppm service. Just wondering in case there is a workaround for this.

• 4.  RE: clearpass guest with onguard check

Posted Mar 29, 2019 07:10 PM

Did you ever get an answer to this? Literly trying the exact setup at this time; onguard works great for both Windows and Mac OSX devices but I would like to bypass the check for non-supported devices.  Guest network also.