Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass update in cluster

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  clearpass update in cluster

Posted Sep 28, 2015 07:13 AM

Hi,

i have multiple clearpass servers in cluster. some are new with valid subscription id and some are old ones with expired subscription id. the new ones are 6.4.x and the old ones are 6.2.x

my questions are:

1. is it possible the new server with valid subscription id to push updates to the old ones without renewing the subcription id?

2. can i use clearpass update tool in this scenario where subcription id is expired? and is it only supported upto OS 6.4? i dont see any in 6.5 folder.

3. if i had to update manually without renewing the subscription id, is there a list which are necessary and which are not to download manually both patches and upgrades?

thanks in advance.

Ricky

CWNA, ACMP

• 2.  RE: clearpass update in cluster

Posted Sep 28, 2015 11:48 AM

You need to renew the licensing on your nodes. It is not appropriate to try to manipulate the system to discover a method that allows you to update nodes where your licensing has expired.

• 3.  RE: clearpass update in cluster

Posted Sep 29, 2015 01:34 AM

i opened a ticket for this case and it seems we can use the same subscription key on multiple servers. i use mine that is still working and update the whole thing.

Ricky