Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

disable captive portal - how to enable dot1x profile in aaa profile ?

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  disable captive portal - how to enable dot1x profile in aaa profile ?

Posted Oct 11, 2013 02:36 PM

Hello there,

Noob question:  

I set up a new WLAN with WPA2-PSK but I want to disable the captive portal for it.  I chose the "default-open" AAA profile for it and switched the Initial Role to authenticated.  When I try to apply that AAA profile to my new WLAN I get an error that "dot1x profile needs to be enabled in aaa profile 'default-open'."

I'm not finding where I can enable that...

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: disable captive portal - how to enable dot1x profile in aaa profile ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2013 02:43 PM

clayton.siemens@skywalkerranch.com wrote:

Hello there,

Noob question:  

I set up a new WLAN with WPA2-PSK but I want to disable the captive portal for it.  I chose the "default-open" AAA profile for it and switched the Initial Role to authenticated.  When I try to apply that AAA profile to my new WLAN I get an error that "dot1x profile needs to be enabled in aaa profile 'default-open'."

I'm not finding where I can enable that...

Thank you!

Go to configuration> Authentication> AAA profiles.  Click on the default-open AAA profile and configure it to have any 802.1x profile and click on apply.

• 3.  RE: disable captive portal - how to enable dot1x profile in aaa profile ?

Posted Oct 11, 2013 02:47 PM

Thanks, that worked!