Security

Guru Elite

Re: do i need to public clearpass when im doing social media login?

You ALWAYS need a public CA-signed cert for guest workflows.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor I

I'm not sure I follow. How are you supposed to verify the domain with Google (not gsuite) if the domain is internal? (.local, .dev, etc)

I setup a host clearpass.home.com in my host file so it would pass the google url check for redirection uri.
ACEP, ACSA, ACCX #1239
Guru Elite

You need a publicly registered domain and a public CA-signed cert.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor I

So, no internal domains that are not registered / verifiable. . must be .com/.org (for Google at least)

So, I acquire a cert for clearpass.mydomain.com  I just use my internal DNS servers to resolve clearpass.mydomain.com to an internal IP. . is that the idea?

ACEP, ACSA, ACCX #1239
Guru Elite

Yes.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

You're great, Tim. I've made some progress as far as the domain cert thing. Now, i'm getting a different cert problem with it tries to hit accounts.google.com. I'm not sure where to put an additional(??) certificate.

FYI. I was in all your sessions at ATM18. . great stuff. 
image.png

ACEP, ACSA, ACCX #1239
Frequent Contributor I

I think I found the answer. . I have to buy another Cert for the controllers. . .

ACEP, ACSA, ACCX #1239

Hello Tim

I made it work but it seems its letting me authenticate even with my personal gmail account... and i just want that users with the school domain can.

I bealive i can work on a enforment profile to not let this happen... but is there a way to do it without doing that?

I bealive that in office 365 you dont even need to do that  as you using the active directory  of azure... i mean if you not there then you wont hafve access, but it doesnt seems to be the same thing on google....

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: