Security

Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: download private key on clearpass 6.7

Just ran into an issue with the customer where we created the CSR like 2 weeks ago and are now just trying to install the certificate using the private key stored in the system.  Clearpass says that 'Private Key File is not available in the system' when we try import.  Because we are using CPPM 6.7.x, there was no downloadable Private Key file.  How do we proceed here?  Customer remembers the Private Key they used when we generated the CSR but that is obviously not helpful.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jeremy R. Wirtz
WLAN Systems Engineer
Guru Elite

Generatet a new CSR and get the certificate rekeyed.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

I created a CSR on my Publisher Clearpass to use on both the Publisher and Subscriber (Standby Publisher).  However, I uploaded the certificate and use saved private key first to the Standby Publisher.  Everything went well.  However, when I tried to upload the certificate and use saved private key to the Publisher I get the error, "Private Key File not available in the system." 

How would I get the cert uploaded to the Publisher? 

Guru Elite

After you upload the signed cert, the key is no longer available to the import process. Export the certificate from the nods and reimport to the publisher.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

I can't seem to export the cert in 6.7

Export_Certificate.png

Guru Elite

Bottom right.

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Cappalli! (I feel like a knucklehead) There it is!

Occasional Contributor I

Worked like a charm!

Regular Contributor I

hello,

we have a Godaddy certificate on out 6.7 Clearpass.

the certificate is up for renewal.

Can i just import renewed certificate OR do i have to generate a NEW CSR?

CHEERS

PETE

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: