Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

essid duplicate essid

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  essid duplicate essid

Posted Apr 28, 2014 02:17 PM
      |   view attached

This MEguest is on a group called  "formation" but for somehow is also present on this one MEE. When i tru to delete it ,says that item not in list but essid is broadcasted on the AP´s on group MEE also.. Strange

Could you help?

Attachment(s)

docx
    Doc1.docx   18 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: essid duplicate essid
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2014 05:18 PM

That means you are trying to add a Virtual AP to the AP-Group MEE that is already being broadcast by that AP-Group.  The Virtual AP might have a different name, but the SSID profile has an ESSID parameter that is the same as a Virtual AP that is already part of that ap-group.  

It probably looks like this:

ap-Group MEE

Virtual AP X

SSID-Profile Y  <-------------------------  The name of the SSID profile might not be the same, but the essid parameter might:

Virtual AP MEGuest

SSID-Profile X  <-------------------------  The name of the SSID profile might not be the same, but the ESSID profile is the same as the one in SSID-Profile Y so it does not allow you to add it to the ap-group MEE

• 3.  RE: essid duplicate essid

Posted Apr 28, 2014 05:24 PM

Hi cjoseph

thanks to you i found it!

I discover another VAP "SG" that as AN SSID Profile SG, but an Essid named MEguest.

Thanks to you and to CLI commands;)

A huge thank you again

Regards