Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

iOS 7.x joining Guest SSID must Accept terms twice.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  iOS 7.x joining Guest SSID must Accept terms twice.

Posted Dec 18, 2013 09:17 AM

It was brought to my attention that when an iOS device (iPhone,iPad or iPod running iOS 7) connects they click the Accept button and then it appears a second time and they have to click Accept again. Android devices, Windows and Apple laptops works fine. Is there a setting on the Captive Portal that is causing this? I have looked at all the settings but I do not see anything that would cause the Acceptable Use Policy to appear twice.

• 2.  RE: iOS 7.x joining Guest SSID must Accept terms twice.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2013 10:23 AM

If you are using Clearpass, we have added an iOS 7 CP bypass logic into the product.  Are you using Clearpass?  If so, does your URL include "landing.php" in the redirect?

• 3.  RE: iOS 7.x joining Guest SSID must Accept terms twice.

Posted Dec 18, 2013 10:26 AM

No, we are not using ClearPass, just the controller based captive portal.

I don't know if ths could be an issue. We are running ArubaOS 6.1.3.5.

• 4.  RE: iOS 7.x joining Guest SSID must Accept terms twice.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2013 10:31 AM
    We added a bypass in a later code in the captive portal profile. Is it possible you could upgrade?

• 5.  RE: iOS 7.x joining Guest SSID must Accept terms twice.

Posted Dec 18, 2013 10:37 AM

It's hard to do an upgrade because this is a hospital. What code version? We are planning on upgrading when 6.3 series of code in in the General Availability to take advantage of the license pooling and pre-image load on the APs.

• 6.  RE: iOS 7.x joining Guest SSID must Accept terms twice.

Posted Dec 19, 2013 05:32 PM

You'll need 6.3.