Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

identify concurrent session

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  identify concurrent session

Posted Mar 16, 2015 11:40 PM

I want to identify concurrent session of emplyee. I must use clearpass right ?? but i want to know that Can I use this feature on clearpass ( onboard module ) ??

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: identify concurrent session

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 03:35 AM

Start

When you say "identify current session", what kind of data do you want to identify?

• 3.  RE: identify concurrent session

Posted Mar 17, 2015 03:48 AM

for example

Mr. A there's user "emp01" 

then Mr.A can login by using "emp01" username only 1 device

• 4.  RE: identify concurrent session
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:06 AM

If it is a captive portal on the controller, can use the "allow only one active user session" paramter in the Captive Portal Authentication Profile on the controller (http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Captive_Portal_Authentic.htm) to limt the user to a single session.

If this is 802.1x authentication, you need a radius server like ClearPass Policy manager that leverages radius accounting to limit the number of sessions.

• 5.  RE: identify concurrent session

Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:08 AM

It's 802.1X authentication. Do you have any configuration guide

• 6.  RE: identify concurrent session

• 7.  RE: identify concurrent session

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:06 AM

If it is a captive portal on the controller, can use the "allow only one active user session" paramter in the Captive Portal Authentication Profile on the controller (http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Captive_Portal_Authentic.htm) to limt the user to a single session.

If this is 802.1x authentication, you need a radius server like ClearPass Policy manager that leverages radius accounting to limit the number of sessions.