Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

Posted Feb 16, 2016 08:46 AM

I need to grant internet access to the company's guests after checking in/ Linking our page, using an aruba controller with clearpass policy manager.

• 2.  RE: internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 08:48 AM

• 3.  RE: internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

Posted Feb 21, 2016 05:07 AM

not logging in, we need the guest to check in or like the corporate's facebook page.

• 4.  RE: internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2016 06:26 AM
    You will need to do a custom HTML page. ClearPass has the free feature of allowing users to log in with their Facebook account info. I also believe that Facebook now discourages the practice of forcing a user to like a page to get internet access. You will need to read their term of use agreement.

• 5.  RE: internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

Posted Feb 21, 2016 07:02 AM

can i do somwthing like this ?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-configure-Facebook-WiFi-in-IAP/ta-p/242681
    can you please give me a clear answer if it is applicable or not

thank you

• 6.  RE: internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2016 11:18 AM

saleem@bis-pal.com wrote:

can i do somwthing like this ?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-configure-Facebook-WiFi-in-IAP/ta-p/242681
    can you please give me a clear answer if it is applicable or not

thank you

1.  That configuration is for an Instant AP, and not a controller-based solution

2.  Facebook does not allow what you are trying to do (like-gating) - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25401964/wifi-hotspot-that-requires-a-facebook-like-to-connect

• 7.  RE: internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

Posted Dec 07, 2017 01:41 PM

Hi guys!

It is possible to configure this scenario using this IAP+CLEARPASS? The costumer wants to only allow the access at the internet after the client do the check in at the facebook page.

• 8.  RE: internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2017 01:42 PM
    Yes, fully supported.

• 9.  RE: internet access by Facebook check in/like using clearpass and aruba controller

Posted Dec 08, 2017 08:53 AM

Hi do you have any documentation that could give me some explanetion how to configura ? 

I only found about social login... 

Thanks