Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

Posted Oct 10, 2013 04:16 PM

Users get invalid registration tokenwhen responding to clear pass guest user request

Has anybody seen this? 

• 2.  RE: invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2013 04:43 PM

What version of CPPM is this?  There was a bug that displayed the same error that was fixed in CPPM 6.1...bug#12664

• 3.  RE: invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

Posted Nov 05, 2013 05:21 PM

I am having the same issue on 6.1.  Any ideas as to why?  I will be sure to post my findings as well.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2013 06:35 PM

jmadej,

We do not have enough information to determine what is going wrong in your situation.  Please open a TAC case so that they can go through the details of your configuration.

• 5.  RE: invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

Posted Nov 07, 2013 04:00 PM

It turns out this happens anytime a sponsor confirms an email that is not associated with a user account any longer.  I have seen this happen when a guest sends a sponsor an email and then sends another sponsor one as well.  When the original sponsor confirms the original email it has no account associated anymore and displays invalid token.  This can occur anytime the email confirmation is no longer associated with the original disabled user account that was created in the original request.  

• 6.  RE: invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

Posted Nov 08, 2013 09:53 AM

Just wanted to chime in that I'm seeing this issue as well on 6.2.2.56621.  The first click to confirm the guest request results in "invalid registration token" but if I close my browser and click the link again it works.  I haven't found any consistency to it.

• 7.  RE: invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

Posted Nov 08, 2013 10:23 AM

As previously stated this appears to be a generic error message.

For info I have had this problem when an account has been created with a user role which the operator is not allowed to approve (as defined in their operator profile).

• 8.  RE: invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

Posted Apr 11, 2014 03:24 AM

Hi,

I have ClearPass 6.3.0 and have same issue.

Have you found a solution for this issue?

Best regards

Andrea Acampa

• 9.  RE: invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2014 03:29 AM

Again, this is a generic error and could mean a few things.  Please open a case with support to determine why.

• 10.  RE: invalid registration token when responding to guest registration request

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2014 01:28 AM

@dg27 wrote:

As previously stated this appears to be a generic error message.

For info I have had this problem when an account has been created with a user role which the operator is not allowed to approve (as defined in their operator profile).

This suggestion was a great help and was the exact reason I was getting the same message.

I had my operator profile set to only create guests with [Employee] but in the self-registration page, the role-id field was set to 2, which maps to [Guest].

Thanks