Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

javascript in captive portal to collect user info prior to letting them connect

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  javascript in captive portal to collect user info prior to letting them connect

Posted Dec 29, 2017 10:47 AM

Hi - is it possible with captive portal or some other feature to present the user with a landing page upon their connecting to the wifi network and to in that landing page, collect name, email, phone prior to letting them connect?

I would like to do this with javascript so that i can send that form info to my external database prior to authenticating the user. 

And once i validate the contact info has been provided, then with js I can perhaps display the button to connect.

Is this possible? If so, can you point me in direction of documentation or other information so i can learn how to do it? 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: javascript in captive portal to collect user info prior to letting them connect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2018 08:59 PM

Hi,

Potentialy a better way to do this is to mark the data fields as mandatroy, and then as part of the "auth/button" click, POST (REST/SQL) the information to the external server.

thank you,