Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

mac authentication with clearpass

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  mac authentication with clearpass

Posted Aug 04, 2017 01:18 PM

im trying to do someting really simple and is a mac authentication iwth clearpass

If the user has the mac on the endpoint repository with device type staff its good

if the endpoint does not have this devicetype staff, it would get the default policy which is deny access

i see on the clearpass that is doing what it should, if it has the device type it authenticating if he does not have it it give it the deny profile and rejecting it

But in the controller i see the user connect even if the clearpass send it a deny profile and i dont get whtas wrong on it.

On the controller is getting the initial role

Here is the service

isp1.PNGisp2.PNG

isp3.PNGisp4.PNG

isp5.PNG

• 2.  RE: mac authentication with clearpass
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 04, 2017 01:37 PM
    Do you have a denyall role as an initial role ?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: mac authentication with clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 01:42 PM

Also, be sure the role you're returning exists on the controller.

• 4.  RE: mac authentication with clearpass

Posted Aug 04, 2017 01:47 PM
    No, sobit takes the initial role if the clearpass deny it?
    But i thoguht that it wil just reject him not assign it the initial role.

Does this consume a policy manager licence?? Even if it reject it? I understand that it only consume it if in clearpass the auth is successful

• 5.  RE: mac authentication with clearpass
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 01:48 PM

Rejected MAC authentications will drop the user to the initial role. Rejected authentications do not consume base licenses.

• 6.  RE: mac authentication with clearpass

Posted Aug 04, 2017 02:22 PM

Thanks Tim, Victor, i just didnt know that it took the initial role when the user was rejected by clearpass.  I though that the controller will just not let him connect...

Anyways when i put the denyall role it wont let him connect anyways... i though i would see it on the user table with deny role but is not like that either.. now those pcs are not able to connect

Thank you again!

• 7.  RE: mac authentication with clearpass
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 04, 2017 02:35 PM
    The user will need to have an ip to show up in the user table and the denyall is denying everything including DHCP

Get Outlook for iOS

• 8.  RE: mac authentication with clearpass

Posted Aug 04, 2017 02:41 PM

true that

That was a silly question....

Cheers

Carlos