Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

mac authentication

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  mac authentication

Posted Apr 15, 2017 06:20 PM

Hi , everybody 

could you help me by steps how can i handle the mac authentication in clear pass for the non supplicant devices like printers , phones , camera

thanks

• 2.  RE: mac authentication

Posted Apr 16, 2017 05:15 AM
    Hi. What version of ClearPass are you running? If 6.6 have a read of the OnConnect feature. Its ideal for this scenario

• 3.  RE: mac authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 16, 2017 05:50 AM
    What type of switch?

Are you looking to manually register the devices or automatically control access using profile data?

• 4.  RE: mac authentication

Posted Apr 17, 2017 03:24 AM

Hi 

@chris_t wrote:
    Hi. What version of ClearPass are you running? If 6.6 have a read of the OnConnect feature. Its ideal for this scenario

• 5.  RE: mac authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2017 03:30 AM
    We will need more information first. Onconnect may not be the answer here. See tims questions above. Also how are the devices connecting. Wired/wireless? What vendor are the switches, controllers etc

• 6.  RE: mac authentication

Posted Apr 17, 2017 03:42 AM

@tarnold wrote:
    We will need more information first. Onconnect may not be the answer here. See tims questions above. Also how are the devices connecting. Wired/wireless? What vendor are the switches, controllers etc

Hi,guru

my network is very simple contains brocade icx 6450 switchs and aruba controller and i'm looking for a method to combine between the username and the machine (dual authentiocation ) i,e every user can access the network via known PC

could you help me to get the setps of the solution ? wired and wirless

thanks alot 

• 7.  RE: mac authentication
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2017 03:54 AM
    There is quite a bit that you are asking to do. Are you working with a partner or an aruba SE?

I would first start on the wireless side and then move to wired. This Guide will get you start but won't be an exact fit.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10345

• 8.  RE: mac authentication

Posted Apr 17, 2017 04:11 AM

tarnold wrote:
    There is quite a bit that you are asking to do. Are you working with a partner or an aruba SE?

I would first start on the wireless side and then move to wired. This Guide will get you start but won't be an exact fit.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10345

Hi, 
    thanks alot for your quick response , i 'm working with aruba partner , thanks for wirless sol and waiting for the wired solution 
    thank you