Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

multiple account creation question on clearpass guest

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  multiple account creation question on clearpass guest

Posted Jul 29, 2013 02:09 PM

hello everyone

a client got a requirement which is creating multiple account with the multiple account creation option but what they want with this is creating the account and depending  when the user log ins let say they create 15 accounts...

1 user  log in at 7 am then that accoutn expire in 1 hlour

but a second user log in at 10am and that account last him 1 hour also

As you see the time start counting when the user log in, not whne the account was created with the multiple accounts...

Is that possible?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: multiple account creation question on clearpass guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2013 04:43 PM
    From an account creation standpoint, that is not possible. However we can enforce a session throughput limit and possibly a session time as well. These enforcements would be independent of the account expiration time.

• 3.  RE: multiple account creation question on clearpass guest

Posted Jul 29, 2013 04:49 PM

Where can i configure those settings to see if it works?

What i would like would be an account expiration limit  o 30 minutes

• 4.  RE: multiple account creation question on clearpass guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2013 05:05 PM
    They are post auth enforcement profiles. Not in front of a computer right now to step through it.

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  RE: multiple account creation question on clearpass guest

Posted Jul 29, 2013 05:11 PM

If you got time later that would be a great help´if you can tell me how to do it!

Thanks

Carlos

• 6.  RE: multiple account creation question on clearpass guest

Posted Jul 30, 2013 01:49 AM

This is the expire_postlogin field.  I believe you need to set it to a lifetime in minutes – 60 in your example.

The create multiple (create_multi) even has this field enabled by default – look for the drop-down list labelled "Account Lifetime:".  It has the description:  The amount of time after the first login before the visitor account will expire and be deleted.

The expire_postlogin functionality is present in 6.1.x and 6.2. The service template Guest MAC Authentication needs to be used to create the Guest Access with MAC Caching service that includes the enforcement profiless Guest Do Expire and Guest Expire Post Login by default.