Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

password for guest access on one AP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  password for guest access on one AP

Posted Jan 11, 2019 12:58 PM

I have a request to configure one access point with guest network access to have a password. Currently we don't require any passwords on guest, so the wlan is not configured with any password. I don't want to affect the rest of the guest network.  Can I do that in the "AP Specific" section?  We have an Aruba 7210 with 6.4.4.10 software, and the access point is 215.  

• 2.  RE: password for guest access on one AP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 03:21 PM
    You’ll need to create a new VAP for this but you can assign this to a specific AP in the GUI as you mentioned or using the following CLI:

config t
    ap-name <NAME of="" ap="">
    virtual-ap <NAME of="" vap="">

The AP will still inherit all of the ap-group properties plus the specific AP settings defined.</NAME></NAME>

• 3.  RE: password for guest access on one AP

Posted Jan 24, 2019 11:56 AM

Now they say I can just hide the ssid on the one access point.  When I try to configure a single access point and go to the ssid of that access point to hide the ssid, it affects the ssid on all the access points.  Individual configuration of access point doesn't seem to work the way I would expect.  Am I missing something?  Do I still need to configure a separate vap?

• 4.  RE: password for guest access on one AP
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 11:59 AM

You'll need to create a new VAP. The VAP you are editing is shared between all AP's groups, so when you make a change it is replicated throughout.

• 5.  RE: password for guest access on one AP

Posted Jan 24, 2019 12:18 PM

It's possible to remove the ssid from one access point without affecting all others, correct?