Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

problem using ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  problem using ClearPass

Posted Sep 10, 2020 08:04 AM

First, if this is not the correct forum for my question, please point me in the right direction.  None of the options seemed quite right but this one seemed the closest.

I am Using ClearPass OnGuard 6.6.10, installed by my company's help desk on my personal Win10 laptop.  First thing in the morning I open the "hidden" icons in my system tray and right-click on ClearPass.  The menu opens but is blacked out.  I can drag my mouse over it and the entries re-appear, but the 'connect' does nothing.  If I open ClearPass from the desktop (full app interface) the window is all scrambled.  The only way I've found to regain control is to either reboot, or use the menu from the system tray icon to 'exit' - the only entry in that menu that works.  Once I exit, I can restart ClearPass from the desktop and everything is again working.  Until the next morning.

• 2.  RE: problem using ClearPass

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 10, 2020 10:09 AM

This sounds like an issue you might want to bring up to TAC. Either Agent installation problem, or something else to troubleshoot on the computer.

• 3.  RE: problem using ClearPass

Posted Sep 10, 2020 11:13 AM

Dustin-Burns ,,

Who is TAC and how do I put my question there?

As you can tell, I'm "not from 'round here" and don't come this way often. 

• 4.  RE: problem using ClearPass
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 10, 2020 11:17 AM

TAC is Tech support. You will need to know your Clearpass account information / Serial numbers in order to opena. case. I'm guessing your and end user, and do not administer the Clearpass platform. If so, you would have to work with your Support staff to get a case open with Aruba TAC.

• 5.  RE: problem using ClearPass

Posted Sep 11, 2020 03:20 PM

You are correct.  While I work in the IT dept.of my company, ClearPass is outside of my lane.  For that I'm just another end user.  I will contact my help desk.  Thank you.